Tuition Reimbursement Scholarship
Award Description & Terms
- Three Tuition Reimbursement Scholarships, each up to $4,000, are available to be awarded each year in the following categories: Junior Undergraduate Student, Senior Undergraduate Student and Graduate Program Student. The IIDA Texas Oklahoma Education Fund Committee may elect not to award scholarships due to lack of qualified submissions or lack of interest. In these instances, additional scholarships may be provided to submissions of merit in any other category.
- The scholarship funds are intended for university tuition and expenses. Awards will be routed directly to the appropriate university office for credit towards tuition. The scholarship will not be paid directly to the student.
- Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the Annual IIDA TX OK Student Conference. IIDA TX OK Chapter will cover financial obligations for recipient to attend the Conference including travel expenses, one night’s lodging and Conference attendance fees.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Current IIDA Member
- Enrolled within the Texas Oklahoma Chapter’s jurisdiction as a Junior or Senior in an undergraduate program with Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) or graduate program.
- Declared Interior Design (or related) Major
- Hold a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Shall not be a previous recipient of this scholarship
Complete Submissions shall consist of the following. All but letters of recommendation shall be submitted online.
- University Transcript (.PDF)
- (2) Letters of Recommendation
Letters must emailed directly from the letter writer to the Chapter office at email@example.com One letter must be from a university professor within the Interior Design Department, the second letter may be either from a professor or professional design practitioner.
- Application Form(Online)
- A current photograph (.jpg)
- Statement of Interest (.PDF)
Provide a one page typed 300-word maximum narrative of personal goals and visions.
- Resume (.PDF) provide dates for the following:
Work Experience: internships or other work experience supporting the student’s college education
IIDA Service: Provide IIDA membership and involvement, noting positions of leadership
Campus Involvement and Community-wide Service: List membership in activities, noting positions of leadership
Honors & Achievements: Scholarships & Awards
- Student Portfolio (.PDF)
For undergraduates, please submit up to four pages showing a representation of your best student work. For graduate students, please submit up to four slides showing graduate level work. Alternatively, a sample of graduate writing or scholarship may be submitted.
The IIDA Texas Oklahoma Education Fund Committee will review all complete submissions and selections will be made at the sole discretion of the selection committee along with IIDA Texas Oklahoma Chapter Board approval. Judging of complete submissions will be based on the following weighted criteria:
15% Letters of Recommendation
25% Statement of Interest
10% Experience and Service to IIDA, the Campus and Community
50% Student Portfolio or Graduate Student Work
Thursday, November 30th, 2017
Online registration is now closed.
If you have submitted an application, you can log in and review your submissions: