Study Abroad Program Scholarship
Award Description & Terms
- Each year one Study Abroad Program Scholarship is awarded up to $4,000 to a qualifying student. The IIDA Texas Oklahoma Education Fund Committee may elect not to award the scholarship due to lack of qualified submissions or lack of interest.
- The scholarship funds will be paid directly to the student.
- Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the Annual IIDA TX OK Student Conference. IIDA TX OK Chapter will cover financial obligations for recipient to attend the Conference including travel expenses, two night’s lodging and Conference attendance fees.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Current IIDA Member
- Enrolled within the Texas Oklahoma Chapter’s jurisdiction as a Junior or Senior in an undergraduate program with Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) or graduate program.
- Declared Interior Design (or related) Major with a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Study Abroad Program must be part of a University or other structured curriculum
- Shall not be a previous recipient of this scholarship
Complete Submissions shall consist of the following. All but letters of recommendation shall be submitted online.
- University Transcript (.PDF)
- (2) Letters of Recommendation
Letters must emailed directly from the letter writer to the Chapter office at firstname.lastname@example.org One letter must be from a university professor within the Interior Design Department, the second letter may be either from a professor or professional design practitioner.
- Application Form(Online)
- A current photograph (.jpg)
- Statement of Interest (.PDF)
Provide a one page typed 300-word maximum narrative of personal goals and visions. Discuss the relevance of study program to your studies in Interior Design. The ability to articulate your reasons for wanting to enhance your education through study abroad will be an important factor to the jury committee’s decision.
- Verification/Description of Course Curriculum (.PDF)
- Resume (.PDF) provide dates for the following:
- Work Experience: internships or other work experience supporting the student’s college education
- IIDA Service: Provide IIDA membership and involvement, noting positions of leadership
- Campus Involvement and Community-wide Service: List membership in activities, noting positions of leadership
- Honors & Achievements: Scholarships & Awards
- Student Portfolio (.PDF)
For undergraduates, please submit up to four pages showing a representation of your best student work. For graduate students, please submit up to four slides showing graduate level work. Alternatively, a sample of graduate writing or scholarship may be submitted.
please edit to demonstrate your highest skills and best work
The IIDA Texas Oklahoma Education Fund Committee will review all complete submissions and selections will be made at the sole discretion of the selection committee along with IIDA Texas Oklahoma Chapter Board approval.
Thursday, November 30th, 2017
Online registration is now closed.
If you have submitted an application, you can log in and review your submissions: